I've made them before at home with good success, but it always invoved tons of oil and the mess was incredible. I stopped making them because of this.
That is until now. I've discoverd and equally if not better way to make wings.
Prep the wings
- Get a bag of wings, They usually come frozen in 4 pound bags
- Defrost the wings
- Wash and semi dry them
- Put them in a bowl and mix with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Prep the Grill
- Fill a chimney starter to the top with charcoal and light
- Wait until most of the coals are burning
- Empty into one side of the grill for indirect grilling
- Pre heat the grill to 350
The goal is to have the grill get very hot anywhere from 350 - 500 is good. We are not slow cooking these, The grill should be hot enough to start crisping up the wings
Put the chicken wings on the other side of the grill and cook for 1 hours. Don't worry about over cooking.
Get another chimney read and dump in the grill. Direct grill the wings until crispy.
Shake in your favorite sause and service
Blue Cheese and Ranch Dressing make a perfect dipping sause for Buffalo style wings.